Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Somedays you need to run and other days you need to sit still

Yesterday
176.4
42:10, 3.25 mile run
5:10, .2 mile cool down walk

Today
175.6
21:08, combined time in steam room and dry sauna

Yesterday was the kind of high energy day, which when combined with beautiful skies, just begs for a good run in the park.  I ended up tossing my salad about halfway through, and my legs (still slightly sore) didn't have the energy to match my enthusiasm, but I finished the run I set out to do.

Today was gray and foggy.  By the time I came home I found myself irritated and sapped of joy.  Seth tried his usually successful tactic- feeding me, but I was still stressed out by the time we got to the gym so I decided what I really needed was some peace and quiet in a warm place- the steam room!  It felt so good to just be still, no rush, nothing that needed doing.  Just sitting and being warm.  It helped immensely, I'm nice again.

Sweating is good for the body and soul, not matter what avenue you take to arrive there.

No comments:

Post a Comment