Saturday, December 29, 2012

Not done, just busy

176.8
17:18, 1.5 mile run on indoor track
75 sit ups
2 sets lifting at home

Even enjoying some time off from work, its still hard to find the time to exercise, and even harder to find the time to blog about it.

I got in a short snowy run on Christmas day.  Icy sidewalks and a wind chill of 12 degrees kept it short, but it felt good to get outside by myself and enjoy moving.  Family time immediately reabsorbed me when I got home so no blog.

I worked the day after Christmas.  I was tired and it was snowy so I just stayed in with the family that evening.

Dec 27th I went for a longer run, just over 2.5 miles.  It was a wind chill of 17 that day, and while much of the roads had been cleared, I still had to be careful on icy patches of the sidewalk.  I stopped to honor the funeral procession going by- cold in my thin gear with the bitter wind, but glad to be alive to feel it.  When I got home, I had to hurry and shower so we could meet some friends to take our kids to play at the Science Museum Oklahoma.  Good day, but too much fun to stop and blog about it.

Life got busier than planned yesterday, and I forgot about it being Friday which means shorter gym hours so I never made it to workout.

Today I enjoyed sleeping in, knowing that I would have plenty of time to go to the gym in the afternoon.  What I didn't realize is that the child care hours are shorter on Saturdays so I only had about 30 minutes from the time I checked the kids in to the time I had to pick them up.  I had hoped to run 1.5 miles in about 15 minutes, but I wasn't quite able to meet my expectations.  My leg muscles seem to lack umph and stamina right now, and drainage made me want to puke by the time I finished!

It was frustrating not being able to fit in the legs workout I wanted, but when I got home I decided I was going to finish strong and not let someone else's schedule stop me.  So I popped in "Battleship" (which Seth got me on DVD for Christmas!) and dug my barbells out of the coat closet.  It wasn't the workout I had planned, but at least it was a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment