Thursday, December 6, 2012

running against the wind

177.2
33:19, 2.53 miles

I didn't have to be at work until 10 this morning, so I headed out the door for a run as the girls headed out the door for school.  I should have left a little earlier so I wouldn't have to rush so frantically to get showered and ready, but I get so little time with the kids during the week that I wanted to wait until they were about to leave.

Today's excuses that I didn't accept:
  • its cold and windy!
  • my muscles are tired from previous workouts
  • this is my only morning I don't have to be somewhere before 8:30, I want to sleep in
Nope, I shoved the excuses aside and went for a run.  I ran a little faster, but needed more walk intervals today, and I spent more time near my max heart rate, so all in all it was a pretty good workout.

Most of the route I take has a sidewalk for me to run on, but I can't help but daydream about being able to run without the noise of traffic and breathing in so much exhaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment