Saturday, August 4, 2012

Melted Jessica with a side of noob sauce

174.6
5:04, .25 mile warm up walk
30:45, 2.03 miles run
5:16, .24 mile cool down  walk
12:38, .5 mile search for my key


Went for a run at the park at 10am and it was already 90 degrees (hit 96 by the end of the adventure).  I had intended to do a slow run of 4 miles, but with the temperature rising I decided to call it quits after 2 miles, before my brain completely melted. I walked back to the car and realized that I had left the pouch unzipped on my Camelbak and I couldn't find my car key!

So I started rewalking the 1 mile walking trail looking for my key.  I stopped at a bench in the shade to call Seth and let him know that he might need to come pick me up, but when I pulled my cell phone out of the pocket..... I found my key!  Yep, it was there all along.  I am a noob.

In other news, I went to Red Coyote and  bought my first actual running shorts.  It feels weird to wear such short shorts!  I have lost 40 pounds, but with 30 more to go I am still very self conscious about showing too much skin since I feel like there is still too much me!  But they are so comfy and purple and have nice pockets.  And maybe it will inspire me to run faster because I will feel like people are staring at my legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment