Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Running out of time (and energy)

175.0
5:00, .26 mile warm up
30 minutes?, 2.5 mile? run
5 minutes? cool down walk

My batteries are dead.

And I'm not speaking metaphorically here, they actually died in my Garmin on my run this morning.  I still found myself checking my wrist every now and then.  I really need to run without my watch, or with it out of sight, more often.  It wasn't a spectacular run, but I am glad I did it.  Morning runs make such a difference in how my days go.  It's just a crazy crazy week with work 6 days in a row as I try to meet my deadlines while also keeping up with the normal duties too.  With the kind of schedule I am facing this week, it is likely that if I don't get a run in before 8 AM, it probably isn't going to get done because there will be zero gas in the tank by the time I get home.  I am trying to remember that this only temporary and that it will pass and life will get back to its only slightly insane pace.

I also ended up getting in a walk and a run at the 5k event Saturday.  I had to walk about 1.5 miles out to the water stop I was working at and then ran about 1.5 miles back to my car in the heaviest rain I have seen in months!  No times or GPS data, but it was a run nonetheless.  And it was quit invigorating to run in rain again, although being completely soaked through when I got in the van and realizing I had forgotten to bring a change of shoes was not as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment