Thursday, August 30, 2012

Multitasking like a mutha!

174.6
25:37, 1.83 mile run
27:04, .92 mile walk

Time is tight this week, so in order to get exercise in I had to multitask.  I decided that I would fit my run in while picking up my Kindergartner. 

My heart rate was up, I felt a little nauseous and not my fittest, but I figured that was just too much coffee and stress this week.  By the time I picked up my kid and started walking home with her, my head hurt but that isn't all that unusual when I have a warm strenuous run and feel like I did today.  I was wiped out by the time I got home and took my shower, but figured all I needed was a good lunch and I would be okay to go to work. 

Only stubbornness and tomorrow's deadlines kept me at my desk as long as I was.  Coworkers asked me if I was sick, said I looked really tired, told me I should go home, and one even said I "looked deranged."  I kept feeling worse and ended up going home a little over an hour early.  I'm hoping that all I need is some good rest to get me back on my feet by morning.  If not, I brought home all my files so I can try to meet my deadlines (more because I hate failing than because of any pressure from my boss, cause she is cool).

I really hate all that being still that comes with being sick, so here's hoping I'm back up to fighting speed in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment