Monday, September 17, 2012

At least I tried

10:48, 350 yard swim

Tonight I swam laps at the Y.  Normally I swim 500 yards then go tread water for a while.  Tonight my goal was to swim 30 minutes worth of laps.  I had to stop because of pain, but not where you might expect: my ear!  For some reason my right ear became very painful while I was swimming.  My neck had also been stiff and sore so I decided a good soak in the hot tub and a steam might be more beneficial.  About 5 minutes in the hot tub loosened up the neck, and 5 more minutes in the steam room alleviated the earache.

But at least I tried tonight. I have felt so very sluggish lately.  Saturday we went to the Zoo and walked all over the place.  By the end I felt like I had run a marathon (minus the chaffing and pain of course) and had to drag myself up the last hill.  All I could think about was how much I wanted a nap! 

I'm not sure why it feels like I am running in sand.  Maybe it is just the cumulative effect from the past month of stress.  Maybe it's hormonal, biological, psychological, or just plain illogical!  Trying to get better sleep at night, stress less, eat a little better and look for ways to push through.

No comments:

Post a Comment