Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My heavy load

181.4
35 situps
2 sets lifting
10 burpees

I have been carrying a lot on my shoulders (figuratively) and on my belly (actually) and it is a frustrating combination to have.  We are going through a very busy period of good changes at work lately and it has dramatically increased the demands on my time.  I am working 6 days straight this week, and today I left the house at 7:45 and didn't get back home from work until 7:30.  Breakfast and lunch were provided at a training, and then I went to a MOB (Making OKC Beautiful) event where I ate a nutritious dinner of pizza and fried ravioli. When I eat all my meals at my desk or at work functions, its no wonder I have put on so much weight.  The amount of time I am spending at work has also made it hard to fit in workouts.  Oh, have I mentioned that I am an emotional eater?!  Not a good combination. 

I am trying to remember that this season will pass.  I will get all my performance evaluations, all the big projects done, and get the department fully staffed again.  Realistically, things are getting better and I should be able to have a life again soon.  I hope to even use my vacation time before it expires!  Insanity!

I am also trying to remember that weight fluctuates and everybody makes mistakes.  Giving up would only make it worse, and eating that second or sixth cookie really isn't going to make me feel better.

So yes, I screwed up food-wise and my fitness is not were I want it to be, but I did get in a workout tonight.  I did not listen to excuses about not having enough time or energy, even though they were pretty valid.  Instead I watched Stars Earn Stripes and dusted off the weight set in my closet.

And you know what? I feel a little better, a little more in control, because I chose to workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment