Sunday, September 30, 2012

Running Rebellion

34:59, 2.17 mile trail run

Today was my first true day off with no schedule in a long time, so I slept in till noon of course!  The laziness ended there.  By the time I was done with my Herbalife shake I was itching to go play in the mud so I assembled my trail running pack and hit the road to Norman.

I was so pumped by the time I made it to Lake Thunderbird's Clear Bay mountain bike trailhead, but I was shocked to see a sign across the trail that said "Trail closed due to mud."  But mud was exactly why I was there!  I was torn, I really do try to observe and respect safety rules.  The call of the mud was just too strong, and I ended up ducking under the handwritten sign and running free. 

My legs felt tired right away, but my mind wanted the run too bad to listen.  The woods were peaceful and fresh.  There really wasn't that much mud, just a few slippery spots.  But it was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed the time to run without any expectations or observers.  Can't ask for a better day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment