Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My quiet voice

Today could be called a bad day: car dying, husband not getting the job we were hoping for, starting to feel sick.  Just not a great day. 

My headache started to get better after I ate a highly nutritious dinner of Frito Chili Pie, so I sucked it up and went to the gym for the "boot camp" class.

The exercises felt harder than usual.  I wanted to quit, or puke, or both.  But I did neither, rather I stuck it out and pushed on to the end.  It wasn't glorious, I didn't feel mighty or victorious.

In all honesty, I came home and cried for a bit. But then I picked my self back up off the floor and picked up my fitness journal.  Every time you make yourself go to the gym and don't give up is worth recording, even if it wasn't great or heroic.

And then I wrote down my problems and how I was feeling, cause you know what?  They don't seem as bad when they are on paper.

Then I flipped to my favorite section in my fitness journal, the "Inspirations" tab.


Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow."

Mary Anne Radmacher
Today was rough, a kick in the gut that knocked a lot of air out of my plans.  But tomorrow I will get back up and face the day with courage and determination.  Plans rarely work out the way you want, but you can still keep aiming for your objective.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment