Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Shake it like Jello"

180.3
30 minutes belly dancing video
30 situps with 8 pound medicine ball toss
2 sets of lifting
30 situps

Today I was looking at my blog statistics and I became curious why my blog entry "Fat girl in running shorts" was still receiving so many views (over 180 so far) so I looked at the entry addresses on the traffic sources.  I was horrified to discover that a lot of the views were coming from Google's image search for "fat girl shorts."  Yep, people googling pictures of fat girls were looking at me.  Ugh!  Not exactly my target audience when I started writing a fitness blog. I have renamed the entry in hopes that it may eventual stop coming up in the results, but the internet never forgets a bad photo.

The gym was closed today (why they would close on the day most people decide to start exercising is beyond me) so I had planned to run.  Unfortunately it is January and I hate the cold.  I just couldn't work up the nerve to put on my running gear and go out when the temperatures are in the 20s.  But I also didn't want to start the new year wimping out on my exercise, so I found a workout video as an alternative.

It was belly dancing.  At one point I had to just laugh because the host is demonstrating a move and says "just shake it like Jello"... well, my movement didn't quite match hers, but it was certainly shaking like Jello!   Wonder how many views I would get if I posted a video of that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment