Saturday, January 19, 2013

Oh what a glorious day!

37:39, 3 miles

After 4 days of not being able to exercise (lots of dental pain + pain meds, followed by a root canal), today proved to be a glorious comeback.  I had planned to go to the gym after work, but it was 65 degrees and beautiful sunshine when I left work.  It would have been criminal to workout inside on such an amazing day in January! 

So I hurried home, changed and grabbed the family and took them to Little River Park in Moore.  It was so beautiful and I couldn't help but smile at the freedom of running outside in the sunshine.  Having done so little running in the past months, and having missed out on my normal exercise, I was surprised at my pace.  This was the furthest I have run since Nov 13, yet I finished it almost a minute and a half faster and felt great the whole time. 

So refreshing to have this breath of fresh sunshine in the middle of all the cold gloominess of January.

In other news, I was unable to find my Garmin before my run so the house will be turned upside down in the near future because that will just never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment