Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Swimming in January

179
30:32, 1000 meter swim

It was a rough day (our little old dog went missing last night).  Seth wanted to swim at the gym, but I knew that the lanes can be rather full this time of day, not even considering that it is quite possibly the busiest gym day of the year!  So I took land workout clothes with me just in case I couldn't get a lap lane.  After about 10 minutes of waiting in the hot tub for a place to open up, I was about to give up and go change when I saw my opening. 

I had decided to double my usual distance (can't expect new results without new input), but my arms were sore from yesterday's work out.  I was tired, my buoyancy seemed to be off, and chlorine levels were stinging my eyes.  I wanted to quit about 9 minutes into the workout. Wah!  I knew those excuses were wimpy so I ignored my own whining and did it anyways!  I'm glad I did.

At the end of my last lap I just sat there on the edge of pool and enjoyed the good feeling.  Emotional good feeling, my body felt differently on the matter.  It's going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment