Monday, January 28, 2013

Working out when I'm too busy to blog

Jan 24
177.9
14:25, 500 m swim

Had just enough time to squeeze in a quick swim.  Muscles were tired and sluggish today, but swimming and a quick soak in the hot tub made them feel much better.

Jan 25
30:00, elliptical
10:00, rowing
2 sets leg machines

Pushed harder than usual on cardio today.  Wanted to quit after about 25 minutes on the elliptical, but pushed through it. Great workout, worked up a decent sweat.

Jan 26
Up most of the night with sick kids, so exhausted by the time I left work. Just stayed home and cuddled with the kiddos.

Jan 27
31:50, 1.9 mile walk/run with Seth
5:00 rowing
2 sets lifting

Good workout.  Seth and I would walk 2 laps, run 1.  He is getting faster but doesn't have the cardio endurance yet for longer runs.  So proud of him for making this change.

I felt strong on the lifting and I like the changes I am seeing in the mirror.  My tummy is stubbornly hanging on, but I can see the changes in muscle definition in my arms and legs and I know I am getting stronger.

Today
176.4
25:47, 2 mile run

It was 70 degrees today!  Just had time to squeeze in a quick 2 miler at the park before we had to pick up the kindergartner and I had to get to work.  It was weird to run in such warm weather, found myself getting thirsty which normally doesn't happen on such short runs.

Felt good to get out and run without anything holding me back.  I wish I would have had the time to drive down to Thunderbird for a trail run, but with only one working car at the moment, I am restricted by the kid's school schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment