Tuesday, January 8, 2013

When you are exhausted and fussy: workout!

40 minute boot camp class

I didn't get enough sleep  (because of closing last night and opening this morning), I spent all afternoon in a meeting, it was raining and I was bummed because my dog has been missing for a week.  When I got home from work I just wanted to curl up in my bed and cry under the covers.  Instead I went to the gym.

One of my goals for January is to try to make it to "boot camp" class every week. My busy life probably won't allow every week, but I'm making a real effort to make time for it in my schedule.

Doing the same workouts week after week is boring and begins to be unproductive.  Trying new classes should help me get re-energized, teach me some moves, and help me get over this plateau I seem to be stranded on. I'm going to try them a month at a time because it can take a while to figure out what you are doing in a new activity. 

I enjoyed the class tonight.  Ok, so "enjoyed" is not exactly accurate.  I should say I did better than I expected to and I walked away feeling much better than I did when I walked into the gym.  It always amazes me how a good sweat can wash away a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment