Monday, October 15, 2012

fail

178.6
10:00 rowing
6:45 walking on the treadmill

I want to tell you about the awesome trail run that I planned for this morning.  Or about how when I didn't get the needed sleep, I instead worked a gym visit into my schedule and had an amazing workout just brimming with endorphins!

But that's not what I get to write about.  Instead I failed. I didn't go for the 6.5 mile glorious trail run.  While I did work in a gym visit, it was not good.

Truth is: my shoulders were tight so I only rowed 10 instead of 15.  And then I got on the treadmill to walk for 30 minutes, but I got fussy, tired, irritated and bored and just quit.  I started walking over to the weights, but then decided I didn't want to do that either.

I don't know why today's workout went sour, I just know it did.  I know my attitude sucked.  I know that I will never get where I want to be if I don't perform drastically differently.  But I also know that everyone has bad days.  We all fail now and then.  And I know that it will be OK.  Tomorrow I will pick myself back up and try again.  And I will keep trying until I either get where I want to be or until they bury me.

No comments:

Post a Comment