Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Not there yet, but I like where I'm heading!

181.4
15:00 rowing machine
19 minutes lifting/upper body, 2 sets
13:00 steam room

I was sore today from the trail run, but not nearly as sore as I had feared.  Like a junkie I wanted more endorphins so I headed to the gym this evening for my next fix.  I had a great workout tonight in spite of my soreness.  I was able to find my rhythm on the rowing machine and probably could have rowed longer, but I wanted to make sure I get in some good weight lifting too. 

The weights were crowded this evening so I had to mix up my order based on what was available when.  I upped some of the weight and reps and did well.  I felt strong and pushed my arms just far enough.

Its been a while since I have been able to stay in the steam room very long, but tonight went better.  Its so warm and almost comforting at times.  I listened to opera and just tried to relax and do some light stretching.  I think some of the tightness that has been plaguing me lately loosened up a bit which would be excellent.

I am proud of tonight's workout and I genuinely enjoyed it.  It hurt just the right amount and I didn't take any soft excuses from myself.  If I can churn out more runs like yesterday and workouts like this evening (and turn away from the desserts!) then I can reach my goals and be who I want to be.  Such a nice change to feel like I am moving closer instead of getting farther from achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment