Thursday, October 11, 2012

Running lost

32:43, 2.31 mile run
4:45, .23 mile cool down
35 situps
2 sets lifting at home

I just felt lost, without direction this morning.  Cranky and indecisive.  I hoped that working out would help, but I just found myself getting annoyed at how much traffic there was and having to listen to the car noise.  I found myself getting more stressed out and frustrated so I ended up switching my music to opera which seemed to help some.  I guess I've just had too much stress and not enough rest and relaxation lately. Or maybe its hormones, or the shorter days, or the cloudiness, or any number of things! 

Its not often that a good dose of sweat doesn't improve my mood, but today it just didn't help.  I mustered myself up and went to work anyway, determined to fake it so I wouldn't infect anyone else with my discontent.  Then I had a really good customer interaction, going beyond her expectations and surprising the customer with options she was not aware of.  Then, the sun came out and I seized the chance to soak it up on my break.  Then I had a very pleasant cup of coffee with a cookie.  Finally, my clouds were banished and I could get back to my normal cheerful nature.  So glad to get out of that funk!

No comments:

Post a Comment