Monday, October 29, 2012

Dear diary, today I kicked butt...

179.2
30 minutes elliptical
25 minutes lifting/upper body (2 sets)
10 minutes steam room

Today was a ridiculously long day:  I worked 9 hours, then went to a community forum, and then put in a real workout at the gym.  No corners cut. Full energy.

I feel really good about my workout.  I did my best and was able to put in a lot more energy than I thought I even had to give.  By the end of the workout my quads, biceps and back had all taken their turns yelling at me, which means I must be doing something right.

The steam room has become my reward again.  I value those 10 minutes of quiet and rest.  So much of my day is spent on the move, with constant demands on my attention, and now with the weather change, I'm a little cold all day long.  But in the steam room I get to be alone and warm. Ahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment