Sunday, October 21, 2012

Leisurely weekend

181.4
Friday: walking and roller skating
Saturday: working 8 hours then walking
Sunday: working 6.5 hours then walking

"Just walking" is exhausting.

Friday we took the kids to the Science Museum Oklahoma and walked all over that place!  The kids had a blast and after 5 hours there, I was ready for a nap!  I didn't get a chance for one though because that evening was a friend's birthday party, which was also a blast.  We even went roller skating, which was extra exhausting because the kid's didn't know how, so we got a double workout just keeping them on their feet.  Crawled into bed and fell asleep as soon as we got home.

Saturday I had to work a full day.  Unfortunately we were down a (wo)man due to illness so we had to work 50% harder to keep up with the load.  I spent half the day on my feet, bending and turning. I was bone weary by the time 5:00 came around.  After work I rushed home, scarfed down some spaghetti and took Annmarie with me to Light the Night.  It was such a nice night and I enjoyed the walk, but it sure felt longer than a mile!

I worked again today, and again we were a man down so 50% more.  I never even sat down at my desk!  This evening was really pleasant and we went to meet my parents at Bricktown for dinner.  We forgot about the mass inconvenience that is the OKC Thunder and ended up having to park on the far side of Bass Pro.  We walked to dinner then walked to get frozen yogurt for dessert then walked back along the canal to go home.  It was a really great evening and I enjoyed walking and visiting with my family.

Such a busy weekend with so much activity, no time for a formal workout, and yet utterly exhausting.  I am hoping that next week I can create and stick with a workout plan other than "just stand all day."

No comments:

Post a Comment