Friday, November 2, 2012

Doing better for me

177.9
12 minute walk (on break at work)
13:56, .82 mile walk/jog with dog
50 sit ups
2 sets lifting
medicine ball

Today I made deliberate choices to do good.  I took advantage of the beautiful weather and the nice campus next to my work to take a walk break.  I made better food choices bringing me under my calorie goal for the day (started using My Daily Plate again).  And when I was wrong about the gym schedule, I didn't let the gym being closed give me an excuse to wimp out.

My arch was a little too twingy last night so I decided to avoid too much impact and give my body a chance to heal itself.  I also wore my tennis shoes to work rather than risk injury just for fashion's sake.  If only I could find some dress shoe/running shoe hybrid that would give me the comfort, support, and speed, but while looking good enough to meet society's expectations of women's business professional.

I have to say that blogging contributed to my workout tonight.  I was motivated to make sure I worked out, just so I could start a post with my improved weight.  And I knew that I couldn't just post a walk or I would have only myself to blame if the number went back up tomorrow.  Getting my coworkers involved, publicizing my results, and working towards a clearly defined goal are all making this road a little easier to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment