Friday, November 16, 2012

The love of a good man

180.3
12:47, 1 mile run on indoor track
15 minutes, 2 sets lifting
13:00 walk break at work

This morning's workout was not good.  For some reason, a lap and a half into my run (just over 1/10th of a mile) I became so winded and sluggish that I had to take a walk break!  It was a struggle worse than I have had since I first started running in late 2009.  My muscles felt heavy and lifeless, just no pep at all, but I FINISHED my mile dang it!

My confidence was shot, but I headed down to the weight room anyway.  I knew that I needed help, and I'm not ashamed to ask for, so I asked my husband to get off the treadmill and come lift with me (he almost never lifts but still has the same amazingly huge arms from when we first started dating in high school, unfair!).  I am so thankful that he did.  He kept me going and cheered me on.

Seth has always encouraged and supported me in this journey:
  • watching the kids so I can run
  • volunteering to take care of chores so I can focus on working out
  • insisting that I get out of bed and go to the gym with him this morning
  • prioritizing fitness in our tight budget and schedule
  • standing for hours in the cold rain to cheer for me when I ran the half and the full marathons
  • washing my stinky sweaty workout clothes without complaint
  • buying me a package of massages for Valentine's Day during my marathon training
  • pep talking me when I have a fat/tired/mean/crying day
  • cooking more nutritiously for the family so I can lose weight- even when I went VEGAN for a while
  • taunting me when I want to quit
  • gently encouraging me when I want to quit
  • fixing me ice baths
  • bringing me chocolate milk in the ice bath
  • making me rest every once in a while
  • counting my sit ups
  • supporting me every step I have taken
On my worst day Seth never gives up on me, and he won't let me give up on me either!

No comments:

Post a Comment