Monday, November 26, 2012

Rather tight (and not just my waistline)

180.1
12:24, 1 mile on indoor track
10:00 rowing
1 set lifting
1 hour yoga video

For days after my hunting victory, my calves were ridiculously tight, which coupled with exhaustion and being busy with the holiday and work gave me ample excuses to not work out.  At least I didn't balloon up over Thanksgiving like years past.  But no more excuses, time to get back on track.

We went to the gym as a family after dinner (yummy venison back strap and garlic mash potatoes!) and I decided to warm up with a mile on the track.  Immediately I found lots of tightness and stiffness.  My lower back/tail bone was stiff as well as around my leg just above my knees.  I was kind of surprised because this is not where I usually carry tension, but I ran anyway and didn't do too horribly.  The jack on my MP3 player seems to have gone out so I worked out without music.

Rowing went well, but its weird trying to find a rhythm without music.

I found myself getting frustrated with how little the weights I was lifting were compared to everyone else in the weight room and ended up quitting after 1 set.  Bad attitude, I know, but sometimes it happens.

When we got home my 7 year old wanted to do yoga (she tells her sister it helps her release stress and relax!) and because of the evening's tightness I thought that sounded like a good idea.  The other yoga videos we had watched on Hulu had been between 20 and 40 minutes- I didn't realize that this one was an hour!  Annmarie ended up quitting about half way through, which was good because it was already past her bedtime. 

If this tightness persists, I may have to start doing more yoga, even though it's really not my style. It's time to get back into the workout groove and start making some headway.

No comments:

Post a Comment