Wednesday, November 14, 2012

emotional drain

178.6
14:00 elliptical
20:27, 2 sets leg and core machines
14:23, 500 meter swim
8:00 steam room

You hear all the time that half the battle is mental.  Its true! 

Last night I had trouble sleeping as I kept running scenarios of important conversations  in my head.  It took extra coffee to keep me upright for the debrief on the performance evaluation process this morning, and I was really looking forward to hitting the gym after the meeting.  On the way to the gym I got a call from the hubby letting me know that our bank card was overcharged by the restaurant- I was steamed and frustrated by having to deal with it.  Then I got to the gym and realized I had forgotten my MP3 player. Grr!

By the time I made it the weight room, I was emotionally drained which left me physically drained. I pushed through anyway, but I can't help thinking I would have done much better and enjoyed it more if I wouldn't have wasted all that energy being upset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment