Saturday, November 3, 2012

Stopped by progress

176.9
17:47, 2.51 mile bike ride

The weather was so perfect this evening that I decided to go for a bike ride on the lovely walking paths by the river in the OKC Boathouse District.  I have been excited by all the cool stuff going in down there, but not today. 

I ran along the south side when I was training for the marathon, but I was excited to try out the north side, so I parked by the Chesapeake Finish Line Tower and headed west on my bicycle.  I got as far as the River Cruise boarding area and had to turn around due to the whole area being cordoned off for construction. I headed back east, but just past the Devon Boathouse the sidewalk was blocked off for more construction.  I had to ride through the grass and around the construction to get back on the path, but there really isn't much east of there. 

I am excited to see these kinds of improvements going into our city, but today I was just cranky about not being able to ride along the river on such a pretty evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment