Saturday, July 7, 2012

1:18:28, 4 miles

173.7
1:18:28, 4 mile walk to work

Our department was down a man today so I was going to come in to cover my coworkers lunch breaks.  I woke up too late to dedicate to a good run (with all the gathering of gear, driving some place, exercising, driving home, showering, getting ready for work, etc.), so I decided to get my exercise and save some gas at the same time.  While the temperature of 83 degrees with cloud cover made it seem like a good idea, I forgot to factor in the 50% humidity, so I ended up a little soggy.

This morning I read about a study on people who have lost a lot of weight.  The ones who successfully kept it off did the obvious stuff like continuing their diet and exercise routines.  But they "also engaged in more positive self-talk" while those who regained "identified decreased accountability and decreased motivation as barriers to keeping the weight off."  Hmmm, makes me think that keeping a blog about my fitness struggles and successes is a very good idea!

Oh, and by the way, this morning's walk means I exceeded my goal of 5 hours of exercise this week.  Celebrate every victory, no matter how small.

No comments:

Post a Comment