Monday, July 2, 2012

So I decided to start a blog...


I’m starting this fitness blog because I’m tired of battling myself alone.  I don’t know who will want to read this, but by making it public, maybe I will feel more accountable and stick with my own plans and good intentions.
I did a training log when I was getting ready for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon (my 1st full!), but that site was devoted to fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through Team in Training, so I kept it brief, positive and only dealt with running.
This blog is different.  This blog is about kicking my own butt back into shape.  About becoming who I already am on the inside.  It is not about dieting, but I might include some of my horrid eating habits from time to time in order to shame myself into better choices.  I will discuss my weight, size, aches and pains honestly, which means it often will be TMI.  But this is about me and for me.  And maybe this will provide me with an outlet so I don’t alienate all my Facebook friends with my endless posts about my fitness life!
So dear reading, what do you get out of this?  Well, you gain insight into my brilliant mind and understanding of my personal torment.  Aside from the entertainment value, you may learn something from my mistakes and my victories.
What do I want in return? Well, don’t feel like you have to pat me on the head every time I break a sweat, but please feel free to call me on my bull or lame excuses.  Offer advice if you would like, I may even listen!  And push me, please.  Don’t let me take the easy road.

No comments:

Post a Comment