Saturday, July 28, 2012

Slow victory!

178.1
50:16, 3.51 mile run
6:56, .33 mile cool down walk

Tonight's run was a victory.  Just fantastic.  It's not exactly a blazing pace, but it was a breakthrough because I won a mental battle. 

I have been using the walk run method since November, which is great... when you are doing a marathon or just starting a couch to 5k type program.  But I was going nowhere and felt like I was becoming less and less of a runner as I "needed" to walk every 3 minutes.  Tonight I showed myself that I don't need those breaks!  I  was able to keep up a slow, but steady pace for a mile and a half before I ever walked, and only (intentionally) took 3 walk breaks in the whole 3.5 miles! 

It was a very positive run.  My bad toe (victim of the infamous Mother's Day mud pit accident) was sore from Zumba the other night, but I tuned it out and went on to enjoy the feel of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment