Thursday, July 5, 2012

Rest days, not my forte

175.3

I blame the buttered popcorn, Dr Pepper, and roasted pecans at the movie theater yesterday.  Or it could be the 2 slices of my mom's delicious key lime pie.  Yes folks, this is the real reason why I still need to lose 30 pounds.

While I might take back the second slice of pie, or the refills on the popcorn and soda, I wouldn't skip them forever.  I enjoy food.  I have been making (mostly) healthier meal choices, the food journal is helping a little with that.  But food is fuel, and a part of many social rituals (like popcorn when your dad takes you to watch a super hero movie), and I refuse to give it up in the extreme manner some do.  This is okay, because I want to get stronger, not just skinnier, and that requires lots of exercise which in turn needs calories.   Of course I could use some improvement in the quality of those calories...

So today my assigned exercise is: nothing.  I'm actual ahead on my goal for the week (Sunday's run and weights didn't get listed on here) with 249 of 300 minutes of exercise already completed.  So I am doing the hardest part of my training- rest!  Sounds silly, I am really really bad at resting.  Already I have tried to go running since I got home from work, and Seth has had to tell me no.  Its easy to ignore rest, but it is very important because your body needs a chance to heal and catch up with the training.

Tomorrow I work a later shift, so hopefully I will be able to run in the cool of the morning.  I think I will work on some speed work, although speed is relative and I am most definitely a slow runner.  Oh well, back to resting with the only thing that I will sit still for: a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment