Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Running for joy

174.4
16:06, 1.2 miles

My day was rough- lots of sitting, wading through emails, trying to make my staff's availability congeal into a workable schedule, and basically all the not fun parts of being a supervisor.  All I wanted when I got out of work was to MOVE!!! 

Tonight was magical. It felt great to move, just enjoying the freedom, not even looking at my watch until I had run a mile.  I took a walk break then, but quickly decided that walking was boring and sprinted home.

Tonight's run was not training.  Tonight was about me, not calories.  I heard the sounds of the evening, looked at the stars, and focused on my breathing.  It is easy to become so focused on the goal and scales that you lose your joy.  Tonight was about reclaiming the joy of my run.  It is amazing the difference a good run can make for a girl's state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment