Monday, July 16, 2012

chasing my own tail

171.7
24:23, 2 miles
24:30, 2 sets upper body

Working a late shift again today so I used the morning to work out, so me and the kids went to the Y.

I'm starting on a half marathon training plan so I used the indoor track to run 2 miles.  I had to take more walk breaks (4) than I had intended because I was just out of gas.  And oddly, my shoulders felt tight and weak which messed with me.

But I put in my laps dutifully.  At one point I wanted to stop, but then I remembered how miserable I was at the end of my marathon, and I knew that miles skipped now come back in a painful way later.  I missed 2 miles on a long run when I was training, and then to prevent too big of a weekly increase, continued to be 2 miles shy on the rest of the long runs.  The wheels fell off 2 miles from the finish line on marathon day.  I won't do making that kind of a mistake again.

I was super sweaty and a little wobbly after running, but I went to the weight room.  I had exercise brain bad and couldn't remember which locker I had put my bag in.  I must have looked in 15 before I found it!

My lifting routine was thrown off a little, first by a man that kept sitting on the back extension machine that I intended to use next.  When I finally gave up and went over to the free weights there was a lady who was using the size dumbells I needed, so I went up a little bit.  When I got done using the barbells, the lady had gone up in weights, again to the size I needed!  So I did those exercises heavier than usual too!  The point of all that complaining is to say that I got in a good and challenging workout where I even tried a few new machines and increased my load.

Sorry if I sound grumpy, just not sure what has me wound up today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment