Monday, July 23, 2012

Et tu Glute?

174.4
15:00, rowing
22:09, lifting/upper body

My glutes have betrayed me.  I treated them pretty darn well over the last several days.  Friday I gently swam, Saturday I gave my body the day off and chilled.  Sunday, all I asked was a very slow run (more of a jog really) of only 3 miles.  And then I made sure to replenish my protein with chocolate milk, and later took a nice ice bath while drinking more chocolate milk.  Really, what more can a girl's rear end ask for?!  But how did my body repay me?  By a royal pain in my butt!  I woke up this morning with the feeling that my glutes had been shredded.  Well that kind of throws a wrench in things, not sure how this will effect my week. Had been planning a pleasant trail run in the morning, and I am saddened that I will have to miss out on something that is such a joy for me.

I didn't want to surrender a whole day, so I thought rowing and lifting should be fine.  After all, what does my butt have to do with my arms?!  Actually, they seem to all be connected.  You never think much about it, but apparently butt muscles are part of your stabilizing force when you are lifting barbells over your head.  And they are also tied to your lower back- huh!  All this to say, tonight was not my best workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment