Tuesday, July 3, 2012

47:11, 3 miles

After a rather yummy dinner, we went to the Little River park so I could work out.  Walked the first 5 minutes to give my still tight hamstring a chance to loosen up.  Ran and then took short walk breaks with Seth.  Some pain in my hamstring and big toe, but not unmanageable.  Walked last 6 minutes to cool down. Sure missing the cool fall runs.

Its frustrating coming back from an injury or break.  But I know that the only way back up to my previous level is to work through the sluggishness and aches.  Just not real good at patience.

On the upside, I wasn't sore this morning like I expected to be.  Must be the chocolate milk and cherries.

Started reading Running Doc's Guide to Healthy Running by Dr. Lewis Maharam.  Hoping to learn more and hopefully avoid future injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment